Christian Athletic Association is looking for a competitive soccer coach + director to grow their program. The successful candidate will come on as the head coach for the U13 boys in the fall season. You will also learn the details of the director role. We need someone to take over and grow the program.
- A love of working with kids
- A love of soccer
- A good people person who can successfully communicate the vision of the club and grow it
- Organized – Able to set goals and tasks and execute them
- Patient – Can calmly discipline players while keeping order during trainings
- Kind – Gracious in all dealings
- Encouraging – Able to build players up even when mistakes are made
- Good Planner – Takes time to think far in advance in order to make and keep plans
- Responsive – Able to respond, whether it be phone calls, texts, or emails in a timely fashion
- Good Communicator – Clear in terms of transmitting information in all mediums, including speaking or in writing
- High level soccer playing and/or coaching experience (College or equivalent desired but not necessary)
- Ability to pass a background check (to work with youth)
Description: CAA is looking for a director + coach for our U13 Boys competitive team. This person will be running two practices a week and weekend game(s) (~10 per season). We also attend a minimum of one tournament per season. The coach will also lead a devotion for each training session with the end goal of developing each player’s own relationship with Jesus. Running and coordinating tryouts happens at the end of a season in preparation for the following season. The coach will work with parents, the team manager and our club partner, Almaden FC. The director duties entail field management, attending board of directors meetings and ensuring the success of the teams in general. Critical to this role will be to get the word out and grow the club. The more players we can add and teams formed, the more compensation available.
- High School diploma required; college degree desired
- US Soccer coaching licensing preferred but not required
- Expectation of ongoing coaching development via online or in-person classes/seminars
Additional requirements: The successful candidate will be wise and mature, always mindful of player safety. This person likely has a leadership or volunteer position in their church. An understanding of or experience with youth comp soccer highly desired. Futsal coaching opportunity in the winter months. Able to speak Spanish desired but not required. We cannot support visas at this time.